Those are the core products proposed by GlycoBAR. The standard form is with an amine termination and a linker arm giving to the molecule approximately the same length as the hexa-saccharide blood group antigen sugars corresponding to the natural antigens attached to erythrocytes .
Our two core products are represented here below and are available in any quantity at a price that is a small fraction of the competition price for a tri-saccharide. Please contact us for more information.
- Blood group A antigen tetra-saccharide with linker arm and NH2 termination:
- Blood group B antigen tetra-saccharide with linker arm and NH2 termination:
GlycoBAR is also able to propose a lot of other blood group antigen sugars:
- Blood group A tri-saccharide antigen
- Blood group B tri-saccharide antigen
- Blood group A hexa-saccharide antigen (following molecule is the bare sugar version; amine termination is also available)
- Blood group B hexa-saccharide antigen (following molecule is the bare sugar version; amine termination is also available)
The other GlycoBAR flagship product is the BAR molecule (BAR stands for Blood-group Antibody Remover). This is tetraose blood group antigen sugars immobilized on a cellulosic support. It exists under two versions: BAR-A and BAR-B; the BAR molecule is represented here below in it’s A version:
This product has been designed to be disposable (once the blood group antibodies are captured and fixed on the BAR molecule, the product of interest is filtered and the used BAR product is thrown away. This approach is made possible by the low cost approaches that have been chosen in the product design and the high scale production of the sugars themselves. Note however that BAR can be recycled thanks to 1M NaOH washing solution.
GlycoBAR can also customize its products for specific applications involving blood group antibodies removal such as designing a specific filters, tubing, columns or cartridges.
We also have a diagnostic project going on and will shortly be able to propose a new, innovative and inexpensive solution able to identify blood group type and to titer the concentration of blood group antibody at the same time